qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid 0.8 queries
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:02:34 GMT
On 07/12/2011 07:26 AM, Nithesh Shetty wrote:
> MQ has a option of generating unique message id for all the messages
> inserted in the queue and we can retrieve those messages from the
> queue using the messageId. I have checked MessageProperties structure
> in qpid. it has a field called messageid. But did not find any way of
> generating unique message id while messageTransfer or getting the
> message using message id.
> Can you please provide any reference for it or any suggestion as i
> need this functionality.

I believe the message id is generated by default, but you can control it
via the setDisableMessageID() on the JMS MessageProducer interface.

You should be able to retrieve the id with Message.getJMSMessageID().

There is no direct support for accessing a message by id, but you should
be able to use a selector to do so (standard JMS).

> When we close the broker all the queue created get deleted even after
> specifying the option of durable while creating the queue.

Do you have a persistence plugin installed?
(https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/faq.html#FAQ-Persistence).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org