qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID: timed auto-delete on queues is this implemented?
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:53:48 GMT
On 07/11/2011 07:40 PM, fadams wrote:
> I notice when I Googled auto-delete a thread in the archive on timed
> auto-delete (see below).
>
> Did this ever make it into a broker - if so what version?

Yes, it is in 0.10

> Also if so what's the syntax I'd need to use in the x-declare block of an
> address to use this.

To create a 'shared' queue on-demand:

my-queue; {create: always, node:{x-declare:{auto-delete:True,
arguments:{'qpid.auto_delete_timeout':120}}}}

To create a subscription queue with the same properties:

my-exchange; {link:{name:my-subscription, x-declare:{auto-delete:True,
arguments:{'qpid.auto_delete_timeout':120}}}}

The value is in seconds.

> Does the time start when the last connection associated with the queue
> disconnects or some other interval.

Yes, it starts when the queue would normally be auto-deleted. That
depends on whether the queue is exclusive (in which case it is at the
point where the declaring session ends) or not (in which case it is when
the last subscriber unsubscribes.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org