qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Binding declaration in C++ messaging client
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 08:49:01 GMT
On 07/03/2011 09:04 AM, Jiri Krutil wrote:
> Using the C++ messaging client, I would like to declare a binding from
> exchange E to queue Q without declaring the exchange or the queue;
> assuming both already exist. (I want to avoid their declaration because
> I don't know all their attributes, so in case they don't exist, I want
> to get an error.)
>
> Is this perhaps possible by creating a Sender to an exchange that always
> exists (say amq.direct) and specifying my binding between E and Q in the
> Address (in the x-bindings list under node)?

Yes, but the x-bindings should then appear in the link, not the node.
The node bindings are evaluated only if the node needs to be created.
The link bindings are evaluated whenever a 'link' to or from the node,
i.e. a sender or receiver, is created.

E.g. Assuming an exchange my-exchange and queue my-queue (which were
separately configured or pre-exist), I can create a sender to:

   my-exchange/my-key; {link:{x-bindings:[{exchange:my-exchange,
queue:my-queue, key:my-key}]}}

which on creation will result in the binding being created. Note however
that the binding will be destroyed when the sender is closed.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org