qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QMF Questions....
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:40:05 GMT
On 06/30/2011 08:21 PM, fadams wrote:
> So I guess this is the "queueThresholdExceeded" Event, This looks pretty
> cool.
>
> However......
>
> I notice if I set up the queue and run my producer, the first time I exceed
> the threshold I get the Event nicely, but if I re-run the producer to an
> already full queue I simply get the exception thrown without seeing the
> queueThresholdExceeded Event.
>
> If I fill the queue, hoover messages off it then fill it up again I get the
> Events fine even if I do it pretty quickly, just not when I attempt to push
> messages onto an already full queue.
>
> The broker still reports "error Execution exception:
> resource-limit-exceeded: Policy exceeded"
>
> This seems inconsistent - have I missed something?

When the threshold is first exceeded and event is always generated.
However subsequent messages enqueued while above the limit will not all
generate events or this could exacerbate an unexpected situation by
for a period controlled by qpid.alert_repeat_gap /
x-qpid-minimum-alert-repeat-gap (by default I think its one minute).

If the level dips back below the threshold the timer is reset so that on
again reaching the limit an event is always generated.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org