qpid-users mailing list archives

From Luba Hornung <lhorn...@choppertrading.com>
Subject RE: messages get resent after broker is restarted, C++
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:16:29 GMT
So there is no way to set message Durability in the version 0.6 with messaging API?
Client API has message.getDeliveryProperties().setTtl() but messaging/Message.h does not have
getDeliveryProperties() or setDurability() (mentioned in the api help).

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 3:58 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: messages get resent after broker is restarted, C++

On 07/15/2011 12:47 AM, Luba Hornung wrote:
> Why after qpid broker is restarted messages which had been received in a previous session
get received again?

> 1)      I launch a broker, my server and a client.
>
> 2)      Server sends messages to clients.
>
> 3)      I disconnect broker by Ctrl+c
>
> 4)      My client and server wait until I restart the broker again.
>
> 5)      The messages that the server had sent in 2) are received by clients again.
>
> After a connection gets broken, I re-open the session and create new senders and receivers
with the same addresses.
> I am using C++ qpid version 0.6, messaging api.

The exactly-once mode is not yet supported; you will get at-least-once
instead which can result in duplicates.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email including any attachments may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or
disclosure of this communication is prohibited. This e-mail may also be subject to specific
non-disclosure and confidentiality provisions.  The information contained herein is the property
of Chopper Trading, LLC.  If you believe that you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org