qpid-users mailing list archives

From Luba Hornung <lhorn...@choppertrading.com>
Subject messages get resent after broker is restarted, C++
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:47:57 GMT
Why after qpid broker is restarted messages which had been received in a previous session get
received again?

1)      I launch a broker, my server and a client.

2)      Server sends messages to clients.

3)      I disconnect broker by Ctrl+c

4)      My client and server wait until I restart the broker again.

5)      The messages that the server had sent in 2) are received by clients again.

After a connection gets broken, I re-open the session and create new senders and receivers
with the same addresses.
I am using C++ qpid version 0.6, messaging api.

Server code:

_broadcaster = _session.createSender(Address("acctUpdates/account_updates; {create:always,
node-properties;{type:topic, durable:True}, link-properties:{reliability:exactly-once}}"));

_bradcaster.send(msg);

Client code:

_recevier = _session.createReceiverr(Address("acctUpdates/account_updates; {create:always,
node-properties;{type:topic, durable:True}, link-properties:{reliability:exactly-once}}"));

_receiver.fetch(msg, qpid::sys::TIME_SEC);

_session.acknowledge();

_session.sync(); // does not make a difference if it is used or not

Message.setDurability() or .setTTL() are not even in the header files, although the http://qpid.apache.org/apis/0.6/cpp/html/a00119.html
says they exist. "link-properties:{reliability:exactly-once}}" also has no effect.

Qpid-config shows exchange as durable and this is what I want. The queue automatically created
on this exchange is not durable and disappears after ctrl+c.

Thank you.

Luba

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email including any attachments may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or
disclosure of this communication is prohibited. This e-mail may also be subject to specific
non-disclosure and confidentiality provisions. The information contained herein is the property
of Chopper Trading, LLC. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.