qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Build QPID Client Libraries for Windows...
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:08:51 GMT
Hi Jan,

>From a fresh checkout I build the windows stuff after a run of
cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet\configure-windows.ps1. Do this first.

Do you have the prerequisites installed? Boost (32- and/or 64-bit), cmake,
python, ruby, cygwin, perl, ant, nant, doxygen, powershell,
Visual Studio 2008.

When I run my builds using configure-windows, I do NOT put boost in my path
since CMake finds the same version of boost whether you are doing 32- or 64-bit
builds. Configure-windows forces the version of boost into the CMake runs
so that the 32- and 64-bit builds use the right versions. Read the script
comments for more details.

A path that work for me is:

c:\ruby\bin
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\
C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\doxygen\bin
C:\cygwin\bin
c:\perl\bin
c:\apache-ant-1.8.0\bin
c:\program files\nant-0.85\bin
c:\python26
c:\program files\7-zip

Now run the configure-windows.ps1 script. I build out-of-source builds
placing the 32- and 64-bit builds as peers to the /cpp directory:

qpid\b32    <-- Create this using the script
qpid\b64    <-- Create this using the script
qpid\bin
qpid\buildtools
qpid\cc
qpid\cpp
etc.

After the script runs CMake, cd to qpid\b32 and you will find the generated
qpid-cpp.sln. That should compile and make the broker and client components.

Note that a completely separate solution exists for the 32- and 64-bit builds.
This is because of the path to boost.

Regards,
Chuck