qpid-users mailing list archives

From rfallon <richard.fal...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Routes and Duplicate Messages
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:05:53 GMT

Hi Gordon,

Ok - I have done some more testing using the unique keys and have some
interesting results.

To confirm I am re-starting the brokers before each trial, and am repeating
the general idea as specified at the top of this thread.  However the key
information is below:-

Send two messages to a broker, with a dynamic route to another broker .

One Message has the headers :data-format=standard, data-source=A
One Message has the headers :data-format=standard, data-source=B

If I use two subscriptions that subscribe to "x-match:any", e.g.

1)  x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', key:'source', arguments :
{x-match:any, data-source:A}}
2)  x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', key:'format', arguments :
{x-match:any, data-format:standard}}

I see duplicate messages for subscription (1).

However if I use two subscriptions that subscribe to "x-match:all", e.g.

1)  x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', key:'source', arguments :
{x-match:all, data-source:A}}
2)  x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', key:'format', arguments :
{x-match:all, data-format:standard}}

Then everything works as expected.  I hope this is of some use!