qpid-users mailing list archives

From fadams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Dynamic Routes and Duplicate Messages
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:02:27 GMT
Scratch my last comment Gordon I tried this again and realised what I'd
done....

I had started my consumer with x-match: all in the address (my consumer
queues stay up until deleted) 'cause x-match: all failed to deliver anything
I'd forgotten this when I tried again with x-match: any

so trying x-match all followed by x-match any and forgetting to delete the
x-match: all binding gave 1666 messages where I'd expect 1000 - it's weird
as x-match: all on its own fails to deliver anything.

This case seems to have forwarded a message for each binding so I get 1000
messages related to data-service=item-selection and 666 relating to
item-owner=fadams which relates to the line in the producer below

if ((i % 3) == 0) message.setStringProperty("item-owner", "jdadams");
else message.setStringProperty("item-owner", "fadams");

Although this is different to Richard's scenario it's still rather weird and
as this is forwarding messages separately for each match this could actually
be a similar issue to the one Richard has seen as his two consumers would
each add a binding. BTW my scenario was repeatable whether or not I included
a binding key.

Another thing I noted was that if I bound the consumer to the destination
broker before I created the dynamic route the binding doesn't get propagated
to the source broker. I'd have expected all existing bindings to be
propagated as well as newly added ones - this feels like another bug?

looks like I'm sticking with queue routes for headers exchange federation
for the forseeable :-)

Regards,
Fraser