qpid-users mailing list archives

From fadams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Syntax For Creating Static Route with Headers Exchange
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:39:31 GMT
Hi Gordon,
I've got headers bindings on the destination broker with a binding key set
to "data1"

I did "qpid-route route add localhost:5673 localhost:5672 amq.match data1"

Which seems to be what you were suggesting to Richard and I get the
following message on the source broker "error Execution exception:
internal-error: Invalid or missing x-match value binding to headers
exchange. Must be a string ["all" or "any"]
(qpid/broker/HeadersExchange.cpp:110)"

Were you suggesting that static exchange routes should work with headers
exchange if one creates the binding on the dest broker with a binding key
and one passes that to qpid-route.

If you've tried this and it works then it could have been finger trouble on
my part but I "think" I've set up everything properly.

As a (slight) aside. I've only just started playing with federated routes in
anger (too much playing with QMF :-) and I'm curious about what sort of
management tools are available. Clearly there's qpid-route but I'm likely to
be creating a very large topology and diagnosing problems with that from a
console is likely to be error prone are you aware of anything that might be
useful to manage very large distributed topologies?

Cheers
Frase