qpid-users mailing list archives

From tnowicki <nowic...@setcorp.com>
Subject java client, c++ broker, no authentication
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:35:37 GMT
I saw some traffic on the subject back in 2009 but could not gleen an answer.
I am running 0.10 c++ broker with --auth no, using the java build for 0.10.
The first problem that I have is that the URL is not accepted without a
username and password. I added guest:guest assuming that it won't care on
the broker side if running no authentication but got the following exception
from the client when attempting a connection:

org.apache.qpid.AMQConnectionFailureException: The following SASL mechanisms
[PLAIN] specified by the client are not supported by the broker [error code
200: reply success]

using URL:
amqp://guest:guest@clientid/test?brokerlist='tcp://127.0.0.1:5672'

I saw some discussion on this before but did not see a solution. Are there
any suggestions on how to connect successfully java client to c++ broker?
For various reasons, I need to run the broker with no authentication.

BTW, this is on WindowsXP.

Thanks,
-Tony