qpid-users mailing list archives

From fadams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: QMF Questions....
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 14:56:02 GMT
I guess from a "customer" of qpid perspective I like what Carl is suggesting.

The reason that I was interested in obtaining properties from the broker
object was simply so that I could infer a property that was not explicitly
set on the queue e.g. max size, policy etc.

As it stands unless things are explicitly set in the address string or via
queue creation in qpid-config the arguments Map for a queue is just a bit
empty :-( I'd quite like the properties implied by broker defaults to be
populated too.

I think Carl's argument about "if the queue is persisted and then restored,
it will restore with
the defaults at the time of creation, and not be affected by config changes,
or broker updates" is sound too. i rather think that this is *probably* what
most people would expect the behaviour to be.

That said I think it would be nice if the broker object returned the full
set of configured parameters too - from a consistency perspective it seems
logical for QMF accesors/mutators to be able to see/modify every
configurable property of a given object.

obviously this is caveated by IMHO :-)