qpid-users mailing list archives

From <DJohn...@princeton.com>
Subject RE: Federation - trouble-shooting
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:41:13 GMT
> In my case I have temp queue on source broker after create the correct
route and
> binding  - qpid-config -b exchanges:
> bind [murex.all.trades.nbd] =>
bridge_queue_1_9258360d-a740-44a2-91ec-65bcf56f3e50

I'm assuming that the temp queue is supposed to be created automatically
when you create the exchange routes, but in my case there is no evidence
of an extra binding being added to the exchange on either broker:

    qpid-config -b exchanges -a A:

    Exchange 'e_topic' (topic)
        bind[all] => q_x
        bind[all.a] => q_x
        bind[all.a.x] => q_x

> In my case the command  qpid-stat -e return actual count of exchange
binding (bind
> column). In your case this value is 0 on both brokers.

I don't follow.  For me, qpid-stat -e gives bind=3 for the topic exchanges
(the three "=> q_x" bindings), and qpid-stat -q gives bind=4 for the
exclusive queue (the three "=> e_topic" bindings and the one "=> ''"
binding for the direct exchange '').  However, I don't see any extra
bindings for a temporary queue.

David Johnson
Princeton Consultants
2 Research Way
Princeton, NJ 08540
609.987.8787 x266

From:   Ilyushonak Barys <Barys_Ilyushonak@troika.ru>
To:     "users@qpid.apache.org" <users@qpid.apache.org>
Date:   06/30/2011 04:28 AM
Subject:        RE: Federation - trouble-shooting

David, thank you for the info.

I think I got your idea - send messages to broker B with key= all.a.x, but
do not have bindings on B with this key on the local queues.

As I see, the route works only while bindings exists. So, could you please
check the following things.

1. In my case I have temp queue on source broker after create the correct
route and binding  - qpid-config -b exchanges:
    bind [murex.all.trades.nbd] =>
bridge_queue_1_9258360d-a740-44a2-91ec-65bcf56f3e50

2. In my case the command  qpid-stat -e return actual count of exchange
binding (bind column). In your case this value is 0 on both brokers.

qpid-stat -e A:
    exchange type  dur bind msgIn msgOut msgDrop byteIn byteOut byteDrop
    e_topic  topic     3    0     0      0       0      0       0

qpid-stat -e B: