qpid-users mailing list archives

From <AFog...@princeton.com>
Subject Re: Recommended API for Python?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 14:48:21 GMT
On 6/9/2011 6:37 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 06/08/2011 04:11 PM, Anthony Foglia wrote:
>> On 06/08/2011 09:00 AM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>> async transfer is the largest impact, not acknowledgement.
>>
>> How do I do that? I'm already setting the capacity of the receiver to
>> 1000, which we found was the best for the Python code.
>
> I believe the issue is in the way you are doing this for the swigged
> client. At present you need to use the setCapacity() method to set the
> capacity rather than setting it as an attribute.
>
> With that change in place I see the rcv_rate for the swig api jump from
> ~1,300 to ~19,000 for 20,000 msgs.

Thanks.  I'm seeing the same changes.  I need to change my producer to use the SWIG interface,
but now that I can see the speed up in the consumer, I'd expect similar performance in the
producer.

> I would also echo Ted's comments, that the messaging API is really what
> we recommend, and that the swigged version when completed would be a
> drop in replacement for that (avoiding annoyances like the above).

I agree that it should be a drop-in replacement, and I'm willing to help make the necessary
changes, but I don't see where.  In the 0.10 release, there's the python package, qpidc-0.10/bindings/qpid/python/cqpid.py,
that would need to be patched, but I don't see that in the repository.  Where would the changes
need to go?

--
Anthony Foglia
Princeton Consultants