qpid-users mailing list archives

From <AFog...@princeton.com>
Subject C++ client wireshark captures and readability
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:20:33 GMT
Does the C++ client do any compression on the connection to the server by
default, and if so, how do I turn it off?

I'm trying to make the Python interface to the swig wrappers more like the
pure Python implementation, and I've gotten pretty far, I'm just having a
problem with the sender.  But while digging into the wireshark traces,
even the Python and C++ receivers have very different communications with
the server.  In wireshark traces of the Python clients, I can see queue
names and message contents, but the C++ is nothing but some connection
stuff, then a bunch packets wireshark can't dissect beyond an "Unknown
command/control class".

I'm guessing the last is because of a change in the protocol that broke
the dissectors in wireshark 1.6.0rc1, but I can't find the queue names or
message contents in the raw bytes either.

--
Anthony Foglia
Princeton Consultants