qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Fallon, Richard" <richard.fal...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic Routes with the Headers Exchange
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:01:15 GMT

Gordon,

Amazing - that's very good service indeed.  I've already sung your
praises to a number of friends and colleagues.

Thanks very much

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: 09 June 2011 16:41
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dynamic Routes with the Headers Exchange

On 06/09/2011 01:50 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 06/09/2011 01:44 PM, Fallon, Richard wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gordon,
>>
>> Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
>>
>> Rather unfortunately our whole design has been centered around the
>> use of dynamic routes and the header exchange, however at this stage
'any'
>> is better than 'none'! And at least I know I'm not going insane!
>>
>> So, I've never been in this position before where I am
>> interested/relying on a fix. What are the usual kind of timescales
>> for such a fix?
>
> I've pasted in a suggested fix to the JIRA[1]. It passes all existing
> tests and seems to fix my test case. However I'd like to get a bit
> more review from those more familiar with the code before committing.
>
> Once committed it would then be part of the next release, which is
> 0.12 targeted for the end of July. You could of course apply the patch

> to the 0.10 release yourself before that.

FYI: fix (and new test) committed as r1133942.

> --Gordon.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3298

> Project: http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Atos Origin and Atos Consulting are trading names used by the Atos Origin group.  The following
trading entities are registered in England and Wales:  Atos Origin IT Services UK Limited
(registered number 01245534) and Atos Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380).  The
registered office for each is at 4 Triton Square, Regents Place, London, NW1 3HG.The VAT No.
for each is: GB232327983

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee,
and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you receive this e-mail in error,
you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or retain it.  Please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email from your systems.   As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost,
they are not secure.  Atos Origin therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their
content.  Although Atos Origin endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant
that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting
from any virus transmitted.   The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates
with Atos Origin by email.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org