qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Fallon, Richard" <richard.fal...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Duplicate Messages in a Dynamic Route using Headers Exchange
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:54:27 GMT

Hello All,

I'll try and keep this as simple as possible.  I'm using C++ Apache Qpid
v0.8, and am having a problem when using dynamic routes with the headers
exchange.

FIRSTLY:

Send two messages to BROKER_A on the default headers exchange.

One Message has the headers :data-format=standard, data-source=A
One Message has the headers :data-format=standard, data-source=B

Set up two subscriptions to the same broker, BROKER_A.

One subscription listening on queue called 'format' for messages where
data-format=standard.

One subscription listening on queue called 'source' for messages where
data-source=B.

EXPECTED RESULTS:
"format" queue contains two messages
"source" queue contains one message

ACTUAL RESULTS:
"format" queue contains two messages
"source" queue contains one message

So, if I run the above I get the correct expected results.

HOWEVER

Now introduce another broker, BROKER_B.  Link the two using a dynamic
route.  (Delete all queues first) Publish messages to BROKER_A and
subscribe to messages on BROKER_B.

I would expect the results to be the same as above but now what I see
is:-

ACTUAL RESULTS:
"format" queue contains three messages
"source" queue contains two message

Somehow duplicates are being created when using the dyamic route.  Is
this a bug?  I certainly would not expect to see this behaviour differ
when using dynamic routes.

Thanks for your time,

Richard Fallon

Atos Origin and Atos Consulting are trading names used by the Atos Origin group.  The following
trading entities are registered in England and Wales:  Atos Origin IT Services UK Limited
(registered number 01245534) and Atos Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380).  The
registered office for each is at 4 Triton Square, Regents Place, London, NW1 3HG.The VAT No.
for each is: GB232327983

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee,
and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you receive this e-mail in error,
you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or retain it.  Please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email from your systems.   As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost,
they are not secure.  Atos Origin therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their
content.  Although Atos Origin endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant
that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting
from any virus transmitted.   The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates
with Atos Origin by email.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org