qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ilyushonak Barys <Barys_Ilyusho...@troika.ru>
Subject RE: Federation - trouble-shooting
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:25:59 GMT
As I see there is no bindings on broker B with the key "all.a.x", "all.a", so, it works as
expected and you can't see " messages that were sent to the topic exchange on broker B with
the subjects "all.a.x", "all.a""

It looks like for me that "key=all" should works.

I used all kind of links and it works like a charm - queue link, static and dynamic routes
I think links should would in your case too.
Could you please give a little bit more info by posting results of:
qpid-config -b queues
qpid-route route map
on both brokers?

Regards,
Boris

-----Original Message-----
From: DJohnson@princeton.com [mailto:DJohnson@princeton.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:17 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Federation - trouble-shooting

The documentation on creating routes with qpid-route seems clear and easy to follow, but I'm
still missing something.

I've been testing with two brokers, each having a topic exchange.
Applications
connected to a broker can communicate with each other by sending messages to the topic exchange
and reading messages from a queue (exclusive to the application) that is bound to the topic
exchange.  The bindings are such that an application can send messages to another application,
or to all applications connected to the same broker.
So far, so good.

My intention is to implement federation between the topic exchanges on the two brokers so
that an application can also send messages to another application on another broker, to all
applications on another broker, or to all applications on all brokers.
After creating the routes, however, I still cannot get messages to pass between brokers.
I've been mostly testing with exchange routes, but I have also tested dynamic and queue routes
with similar results.  In the exchange route case, the messages get stuck in the topic exchange
on the source boker (msgIn increments, but msgOut does not).  In the queue route case, the
messages get stuck in the source queue.

When I create the routes, the links are automatically created (one in each direction), but
only one is "Operational".  The second link gets stuck in "Waiting - Closed by peer"

Some questions:

1. What are some possible causes of the "Closed by peer" error, or how can I trouble-shoot
the links?

2. Even with only one link being "Operational," I would expect that federation would at least
work in one direction, but instead I can't get federation to work in either direction.  Is
there something else I am doing wrong?

Here's my (typical) setup...

Broker A:

exchange: e_topic
    type: topic
    dur: N

queue: q_x
    dur: N
    autoDel: Y
    excl: Y
    bindings:
        bind [all] => e_topic
        bind [all.a] => e_topic
        bind [all.a.x] => e_topic

Broker B:

exchange: e_topic
    type: topic
    dur: N

queue: q_x
    dur: N
    autoDel Y
    excl: Y
    bindings:
        bind [all] => e_topic
        bind [all.b] => e_topic
        bind [all.b.x] => e_topic

Static (exchange) Routes between A and B:

    A(ex=e_topic) <= B(ex=e_topic) key=all.a.#
    A(ex=e_topic) <= B(ex=e_topic) key=all.a
    A(ex=e_topic) <= B(ex=e_topic) key=all
    B(ex=e_topic) <= A(ex=e_topic) key=all.b.#
    B(ex=e_topic) <= A(ex=e_topic) key=all.b
    B(ex=e_topic) <= A(ex=e_topic) key=all

Current result: Appplication X connected to broker A can see messages that were sent to the
topic exchange on broker A with the subjects "all.a.x", "all.a", or "all"; but does not see
messages that were sent to the topic exchange on broker B with the subjects "all.a.x", "all.a",
or "all".

David Johnson
Princeton Consultants
2 Research Way
Princeton, NJ 08540
609.987.8787 x266

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org