qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ilyushonak Barys <Barys_Ilyusho...@troika.ru>
Subject perftest performance and qpid messaging api
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:25:19 GMT
Hi, folks.

I have done some tests in my environment and faced with very strange behavior.
Perftest works in some times faster (average 5), than my custom code (c++ client). I'm speaking
about relative value in constant environment.
The main question is: is any difference in performance between client api and messaging api?
The perftest use client api (which deprecated after v0.6), I use messaging api.

I have goal to increase subscriber performance, so I tried varied things, like

1)      http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.10/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch02s06.html

2)      non-persistence messages

3)      reliability: unreliable/at-least-once

4)      using or not client acknowledge
It allowed me to increase performance in 2 times. But my client still works in 5 times slower,
than perftest.

Environment:
I have clustered 0.8 c++ broker (virtual), and one workstation as a client machine.
I use c++ client, constant message size (64 bytes) in both tests.

Please, advice.

Best Regards,
Barys Ilyushonak

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp