qpid-users mailing list archives

From Zane Bitter <zbit...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid 0.10 make all fails for me (configure is fine)
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:52:30 GMT
On 30/06/11 11:05, fadams wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Thanks for all the help so far - here's an update....
>
> I tried Alan's suggestion "Try moving/removing /usr/include/qpid and
> rebuilding" neat idea, but unfortunately it still barfed.
>
> I then followed Gordon's train of thought about the old 0.8 libraries (my
> 0.8 install is in /usr/local so I just mv'd /usr/local to /usr/xlocal
> temporarily) and the 0.10 make all now works wooo hooo (haven't tried make
> install yet).
>
> So far so good, I can actually build 0.10, but what I really wanted to do
> was to build 0.10 in addition to my 0.8 (we're currently using 0.8
> operationally so I wanted to start playing with 0.10 and
> comparing/regression testing things etc.).
>
> I've just tried putting my /usr/local back and trying the 0.10 build with
> ./configure --prefix=/home/fadams/qpid-0.10-test but unfortunately that
> barfs at the same place as my original problem

Hi Fraser,

Paths in LD_LIBRARY_PATH are searched before *any* other paths, so as
long as you have /usr/local/lib in there it will continue to override
everything else.

To get qpid compiling, you could do:
$ unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ ./configure --prefix=/home/fadams/qpid-0.10-test
$ make

But the real solution is not to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH globally in the
first place.

cheers,
Zane.