qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Address of default no-name exchange
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:58:42 GMT
On 06/29/2011 09:52 AM, Jiri Krutil wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use the Qpid C++ client v0.7 to create a Sender pointing
> to the AMQP default (no-name) exchange.
>
> When I try this, I get an error saying "Name cannot be null", no matter
> if I set the Address name to an empty string or not set it at all.
>
> How can I point a Sender to this exchange? (I don't want a Sender
> pointing to a queue)

The default exchange is a direct exchange and the bindings are forced to
match exactly with the existing queue names. It is a workaround for the
fact that AMQP forces you to send to an exchange whether you want to or not.

What is it you actually want to achieve? The only thing you can do by
sending messages to the default exchange is send them to a queue (or
have them dropped).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org