qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ client wireshark captures and readability
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:43:45 GMT
On 06/28/2011 06:20 PM, AFoglia@princeton.com wrote:
> Does the C++ client do any compression on the connection to the server by
> default, and if so, how do I turn it off?
>
> I'm trying to make the Python interface to the swig wrappers more like the
> pure Python implementation, and I've gotten pretty far, I'm just having a
> problem with the sender.  But while digging into the wireshark traces,
> even the Python and C++ receivers have very different communications with
> the server.  In wireshark traces of the Python clients, I can see queue
> names and message contents, but the C++ is nothing but some connection
> stuff, then a bunch packets wireshark can't dissect beyond an "Unknown
> command/control class".
>
> I'm guessing the last is because of a change in the protocol that broke
> the dissectors in wireshark 1.6.0rc1, but I can't find the queue names or
> message contents in the raw bytes either.

Turning on tracing in the broker is another angle to debug this from
(e.g. --log-enable info+ --log-enable trace+:amqp_0_10). There are
slight differences in the interactions between python and c++ clients on
address resolution, but nothing that would explain a dissector error
like that.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org