qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: What exactly does Session::sync()?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:26:19 GMT
On 06/27/2011 12:57 PM, Jiri Krutil wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to understand what exactly does the C++ messaging client
> function Session::sync(). I'm interested in the blocking version of this
> call.
>
> The docs says "this call will block until the server confirms completion
> of all pending operations". Can you please elaborate on this a bit?
>
> I assume it will wait for the broker to confirm all pending async sends.

It waits for all pending async operations to be confirmed by the broker
as completed.

> Is there a timeout if the broker does not respond?

Not at present (though if the connection is lost that will result in the
usual handling as controlled by connection options i.e. throw or try to
reconnect).

> Are acknowledgements of received messages also somehow involved in the
> sync?

Yes, any asynchronous acknowledgements will also have been confirmed by
the broker on returning from sync().

> If I commit a transaction, does this sync my session?

Yes.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org