qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is there any easy way for a client to detect which broker version it's connecting to?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:36:48 GMT
On 06/24/2011 09:31 AM, fadams wrote:
> As it says in the subject.
>
> The reason why I'm asking is that there seems to be some differences in QMF
> between 0.8 and 0.10 and it would be nice to program clients defensively.

Really, there should not be changes that aren't backward compatible,
else the QMF messages themselves should provide sufficient context to
determine how to correctly interpret them.

The one difference I've seen is in the content-type. Unfortunately that
doesn't seem to be exposed through JMS(?). Are there any other
differences you have noted?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org