qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Synchronization of Session with Sender and Receiver
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:20:50 GMT
On 06/21/2011 07:56 AM, Jiri Krutil wrote:
> I understand an AMQP session may only be used from one thread at a time.

An AMQP session is an ordered stream, but really at the level of the
protocol the threading used in any particular implementation is not
relevant.

> How about Receiver and Sender objects created using a Session? To what
> extent are they associated with the parent session?
>
> Is it possible to use a Sender or a Receiver in parallel with the parent
> Session from another thread? Or does the access to these objects have to
> be synchronized? If yes, which functions require synchronization?

On the whole, the messaging API allows for concurrent use of Sessions,
Senders and Receivers. However some things may not make sense, e.g.
concurrently closing a Session while sending over it, so usually
applications will do some coordination between threads accessing these
objects.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org