qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Perl clients?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:21:47 GMT
On 06/17/2011 04:11 PM, fadams wrote:
> Out of curiosity is there a reason why the Perl wrapper is via svn and not
> on the main trunk - I see dotnet, ruby and python there, but not perl.

It is on the main trunk, just not at the top level (its under cpp).

That's because its a wrapper round the c++ API at present. There top
level python project is a pure python implementation (supports the
messaging api as well). The top level ruby project is a stale pure-ruby
client (there is a ruby wrapper for the c++ client alongside the perl
one now), similarly for the dotnet project.

I.e. the structure is really driven by convenience for development and
probably needs revisited.

> BTW I'd like to say how much I appreciate your helpful - and scarily quick -
> helped me and undoubtedly many others. Many many thanks!!

You'll give me a big head! Likewise I really appreciate you and all the
other users that take time to do real things with Qpid and ask questions
or give feedback. It's the users of projects that make them successful,
so many thanks to you also!

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org