qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Delete queue/exchange/binding from C++ client
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:27:41 GMT
On 06/14/2011 07:35 AM, Jiri Krutil wrote:
> Hi
>
> Few questions regarding the (new) C++ client:
>
> 1. Is there a way how to programmatically delete queues, exchanges and
> bindings from the C++ client?

As of the 0.10 release, you can do that via the map-message based
management protocol. I've attached some notes on that and a rudimentary
example of deleting via the c++ messaging API.

> 2. What happens if I re-declare an existing queue or exchange from the
> C++ client, specifying in the address different attributes than what the
> object currently has?

Generally the differences are ignored. However when using addresses you
can include an assert option to ensure you get what you asked for.

You can also create queues using the management protocol. In that case,
if the queue already exists you will get back an error message informing
you of that.

> 3. I am re-declaring an existing queue from the C++ client. I am
> providing a list of bindings in x-bindings part of the address. What
> happens if my binding list differs from the bindings that currently
> exist for the queue? Will the extra bindings be added and the missing
> bindings be deleted from the broker?

The extra bindings will be added, but no pre-existing bindings will be
removed.