qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Recommended API for Python?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:37:27 GMT
On 06/08/2011 04:11 PM, Anthony Foglia wrote:
> On 06/08/2011 09:00 AM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>> async transfer is the largest impact, not acknowledgement.
>
> How do I do that? I'm already setting the capacity of the receiver to
> 1000, which we found was the best for the Python code.

I believe the issue is in the way you are doing this for the swigged
client. At present you need to use the setCapacity() method to set the
capacity rather than setting it as an attribute.

With that change in place I see the rcv_rate for the swig api jump from
~1,300 to ~19,000 for 20,000 msgs.

I would also echo Ted's comments, that the messaging API is really what
we recommend, and that the swigged version when completed would be a
drop in replacement for that (avoiding annoyances like the above).

[Just for clarity: synchronous acknowledgement per message would have a
pretty similar effect to synchronous transfer (round trip forced
per-message). Obviously if the acknowledgements are batched then the
roundtrip is less frequent and therefore has less impact].

>> On 06/07/2011 08:02 PM, Anthony Foglia wrote:
>>> I've attached the code I'm using in a tarball, in case people have any
>>> suggestions.
>>

>> tar's don't attach to the list, use a JIRA.

FWIW the tars came through on the original mail fine for me....