qpid-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Foglia <AFog...@princeton.com>
Subject Re: Recommended API for Python?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 15:11:53 GMT
On 06/08/2011 09:00 AM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> async transfer is the largest impact, not acknowledgement.

How do I do that?  I'm already setting the capacity of the receiver to
1000, which we found was the best for the Python code.  Is there another
knob to ensure that is asynchronous?

I found this page from the Red Hat MRG manual, but (a) it's talking
about a producer, not a consumer, and (b) the casting of a normal
session to an asynchronous session isn't readily available through SWIG.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/1.1/html/Messaging_Tutorial/sect-Messaging_Tutorial-Using_RHM_with_C-Optimizing_message_transfer_with_asynchronous_sessions_in_C.html

I haven't even tried speeding up the producer yet; that's still written
using the old Python API.

> On 06/07/2011 08:02 PM, Anthony Foglia wrote:
>> I've attached the code I'm using in a tarball, in case people have any
>> suggestions.
>

> tar's don't attach to the list, use a JIRA.

Okay.  I opened a JIRA task and attached my code (plus two of the outputs).

Anthony Foglia
Princeton Consultants
(609) 987-8787 x233

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org