qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jiri Krutil <j...@krutil.com>
Subject What exactly does Session::sync()?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:57:08 GMT
Hi

I would like to understand what exactly does the C++ messaging client
function Session::sync(). I'm interested in the blocking version of
this call.

The docs says "this call will block until the server confirms
completion of all pending operations". Can you please elaborate on
this a bit?

I assume it will wait for the broker to confirm all pending async
sends. Is there a timeout if the broker does not respond?

Are acknowledgements of received messages also somehow involved in the sync?

If I commit a transaction, does this sync my session?

Cheers
Jiri

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org