qpid-users mailing list archives

From fadams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Is it possible to configure a client to just receive message headers?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:10:28 GMT
Out of curiosity.......

Is it possible to configure a client such that it only receives message
headers from the broker (clearly it's possible for a client to ignore the
message body, but that's not what I mean).

Say for example I wanted to write a client to generate management
information relating to messages passing through the broker. In this
scenario my client would only need to make use of info in the headers, so
passing the message body to it would simply be wasting bandwidth.

Is this possible - I'm especially interested if it's possible to configure
JMS to do it.

Cheers
Fraser