qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Java Messaging API
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 14:55:07 GMT
On 05/19/2011 03:53 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Gordon Sim<gsim@redhat.com>  wrote:
>> On 05/19/2011 02:36 PM, qpid user 2 wrote:
>>>
>>> So any input on this? I am trying to construct a header exchange
>>> subscription using JMS. How would the destination and jndi properties look
>>> like?
>>
>> For python or c++ the following address is an example of what you want:
>>
>>   my-headers-exchange;
>> {link:{x-bindings:[{arguments:{'x-match':all,a:b,c:d}}]}}
>>
>> That is assuming you have created the headers exchange named
>> my-headers-exchange already, e.g. with qpid-config. This will match any
>> message with both a header keyed 'a' with value 'b' and a header keyed 'c'
>> with value 'd'.
>>
>> Unfortunately it would appear there is a bug in the JMS client preventing
>> this from working there. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3265)
>>
>> An alternative address would be:
>>
>>   my-subscription-queue; {create:always, node:{x-declare:{auto-delete:True},
>> x-bindings:[{queue:my-subscription-queue, exchange:my-headers-exchange,
>> arguments:{'x-match':all,a:b,c:d}}]}}
>>
>> However that requires that my-subscription-queue be a unique name - not sure
>> how well that will work for a JNDI based destination.
>
> I verified that the above addressing string can be specified in the
> JNDI properties.

The point is not that it can't be specified in JNDI but that multiple
consumers created from the destination obtained will all be using the
same queue and will thus compete for messages which is not what you want.

If there was only going to be one consumer that might not be an issue of
course.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org