qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Java Messaging API
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 14:04:23 GMT
On 05/19/2011 02:36 PM, qpid user 2 wrote:
> So any input on this? I am trying to construct a header exchange
> subscription using JMS. How would the destination and jndi properties look
> like?

For python or c++ the following address is an example of what you want:

   my-headers-exchange;
{link:{x-bindings:[{arguments:{'x-match':all,a:b,c:d}}]}}

That is assuming you have created the headers exchange named
my-headers-exchange already, e.g. with qpid-config. This will match any
message with both a header keyed 'a' with value 'b' and a header keyed
'c' with value 'd'.

Unfortunately it would appear there is a bug in the JMS client
preventing this from working there.
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3265)

An alternative address would be:

  my-subscription-queue; {create:always,
node:{x-declare:{auto-delete:True},
x-bindings:[{queue:my-subscription-queue, exchange:my-headers-exchange,
arguments:{'x-match':all,a:b,c:d}}]}}

However that requires that my-subscription-queue be a unique name - not
sure how well that will work for a JNDI based destination.

It may be best to revert to the old 'BURL' syntax, but I'll let someone
more familiar with the JMS client chip in.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org