qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to delete overfill queue?
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 10:36:44 GMT
On 05/06/2011 12:08 PM, Ilyushonak Barys wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Could you please help me find the answer to the following question.
> Is it possible to auto delete queue, if the message count reach "max-queue-count" settings?

Unfortunately not at this point. The use case below comes up quite
frequently though and I think this would be a useful addition.

I've raised a jira to track it:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3247. Currently assigned to
me so I don't forget about it, but anyone else who has interest should
feel free to take it on.

> I would like to solve the following use case.
> I have a producer and several consumers. Let it be cons1 connect to queue1 (auto-delete,
non persistence), cons2 connect to queue2 (auto-delete, non persistence) and cons3 connect
to queue3 (auto-delete, non persistence). Producer send messages to an exchange, and each
consumer receive the same messages from the queues. Cons3 works too slow, and queue3 overfill.
In this case the producer got the error "queue capacity exceed". I would like to simple restart
cons3 to allow producer works with no errors.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org