qpid-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Moravec <pmora...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Connection options: reconnect
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 09:56:20 GMT
Hello all,
I am afraid the JIRA case would be hard to fully resolve. See my comment added to the case.

Kind regards,
Pavel

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ilyushonak Barys" <Barys_Ilyushonak@troika.ru>
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 10:49:51 AM
Subject: RE: Connection options: reconnect

Gordon,

Thank you for the answer.
I created
on the case Pavel described.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 12:47 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org

On 05/20/2011 03:26 PM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> Hi, I have two quite technical questions concerning connection option
> "reconnect" that defines if the client shall transparently reconnect
> when the connection is lost (quoting "Programming in Apache Qpid"
> manual).
>
> First question: What the "if the connection is lost" _should_
> technically mean? TCP connection is lost, i.e. operating system
> announces to userspace that the socket / TCP connection is closed?

Yes.

> Or
> some / all AMQP session(s) is/are lost? Or something else?
>
> Second question: If reconnect:true is set, should the client bind to
> the broker with the same client_pid? Or a new one?

The same one if it is the same process (the pid is the process id).

> (some background to the questions: it seems there is a scenario that
> ends up the client thinks it has to reconnect to the broker while the
> broker keeps the previous connection open - the reconnection attempt
> is then rejected as it contains client_pid of an established
> session)

That's the session id, which in the c++ is by default a random UUID and is reused when re-establishing
a session on reconnect.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org