qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru
Subject Re: I/O Errors
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 05:55:38 GMT
Hi Alan,

Thanks for information,

>From you message I understood that queue policy error can occur due to
previous errors with persistent store, for example, queue policy is
incremented and just after that the error occurs when trying to persist a
message.

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky

Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com>
31.03.2011 19:06
Please respond to
users@qpid.apache.org

users@qpid.apache.org
cc
Kim van der Riet <kim.vdriet@redhat.com>
Subject
Re: I/O Errors

On 03/31/2011 09:33 AM, Kim van der Riet wrote:
> The first two errors are store errors; the third is a broker error
> related to policy handling (in QueuePolicy.cpp). However, these errors
> may be related.
>
> I would be interested in reproducing these errors, can you supply
> additional details, including the hardware (ie, how many processors, how
> much memory and disk space), OS and version you are using, also if
> possible a simple reproducer.
>
> None of these errors should show up during normal usage, and indicate a
> possible race condition or logic error.

I think the broker error is caused by the store error plus a bug in the
broker:
the queue policy count is incremented before the call to the store, when
the
store throws the count is not decremented so its incorrect since the
message
didn't actually get on the queue.

> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 17:20 +0400, Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm using qpid 0.8 and sending only durable messages.
>>
>>  From time to time the following exceptions can occur:
>>
>> 1. Journal "MyQueue": get_events() returned JERR_JCNTL_AIOCMPLWAIT;
>> wmgr_status: wmgr: pi=29 pc=44 po=0 aer=32 edac:TFFF
>> ps=[AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA] wrfc: state: Active fcntl[6]:
pfid=6
>> ws=11268 wc=3256 rs=0 rc=0 ec=1282 ac=32
>> 2. Journal "MyQueue": Unexpected I/O response (RHM_IORES_BUSY) on queue
>> MyQueue
>> 3. error Unexpected exception: Attempted size underflow on
dequeue(559):
>> size: max=104857600, current=119; count: unlimited; type=reject
>>
>>  From the source code I know that
>>
>> JERR_JCNTL_AIOCMPLWAIT means that "Timeout waiting for AIOs to
complete"
>> RHM_IORES_BUSY means that "Another blocking operation is in progress"
>>
>> but that all and I can't go any further.
>>
>> Could you please help to determine what kind of I/O operations can
cause
>> such errors and why they can occur?
>>

>> Best Regards,
>> Sergey Zhemzhitsky
>> Information Technology Division
>> Troika Dialog, 4, Romanov lane, Moscow 125009, Russia
>> Phone. +7 495 2580500 ext. 1246
>>
>> The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf
idential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the original
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying
to this message and delete it from your computer. Thank you for your
cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.
0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp