qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Fallon, Richard" <richard.fal...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: Qpid Federation
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:21:55 GMT

Aha!  So I have some more information (which really I should have
spotted by now, better late than never).

So SUBSCRIBER_A is going too slow, and the messages fill up in
PRIVATE_QUEUE_A.

=====		======	---> PRIVATE_QUEUE_A--->SUBSCRIBER_A
 SRC	<--->	DEST
=====		======	---> PRIVATE_QUEUE_B--->SUBSCRIBER_B

In the Qpid logs I see a "Policy Exceeded" message about one of the
private queues, PRIVATE_QUEUE_A.

Then I see

"Cannot propagate binding for dynamic bridge as session has been
detached, deleting dynamic bridge"

So in the event one of the subscribers slows down, all subscribers to
data from the same dynamic route will stop receiving data too?  I
suppose that makes sense, but it would be nice if I could disconnect the
slow subscriber and leave other subscribers happily reciving data.

There is a slow-consumer-disconnect in the Java manual, I take it that
doesn't exist in C++?