qpid-users mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid C++ broker logging stops all of a sudden
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 18:30:25 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks for the response.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> If the file got deleted, then Linux will let you continue to log to the
> FD, tossing the contents to dev null.

I do not think file got delete, its there and it stops logging, I will
double check with the disk space and all but I do not think there is an
issue with disk place since it's having persistence configured, so if there
is a disk space issue I remember Qpid used to show an error, but this seems
to be something else.

> Do you have log rotation setup,  alternately, you can configure the log
> to syslog option.

Yes we have configured log rotation.

We are using Qpid 0.8 Release on Enterprises SUSE Linux 11.

What is the recommended way to configure Qpid logging ? This would be useful
for us  !

Thanks
Lahiru