qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid C++ broker logging stops all of a sudden
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:59:36 GMT

If the file got deleted, then Linux will let you continue to log to the
FD, tossing the contents to dev null.

Do you have log rotation setup,  alternately, you can configure the log
to syslog option.

Basically if you run a production broker with logging on, then you need
to select a log management strategy based on the mechanism used. These
are well documented practices for logs in Linux.

Logging sink options:
  --log-to-stderr yes|no (1)            Send logging output to stderr
  --log-to-stdout yes|no (0)            Send logging output to stdout
  --log-to-file FILE                    Send log output to FILE.
  --log-to-syslog yes|no (0)            Send logging output to syslog;
                                        customize using --syslog-name and
                                        --syslog-facility
  --syslog-name NAME (lt-qpidd)         Name to use in syslog messages
  --syslog-facility LOG_XXX (LOG_DAEMON)
                                        Facility to use in syslog messages

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org