qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim Garcia <jsma...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: onMessage() always acknowledges msg even if Session is set to CLIENT_ACK
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 19:51:08 GMT

PS. I am using Java 1.6

> From: jsmam97@hotmail.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: onMessage() always acknowledges msg even if Session is set to CLIENT_ACK
> Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:41:45 -0600
>

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to set up a ring queue in which multiple clients will want to read the same
messages. I set up my session as CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE, so that I will need to manually acknowledge
the message (although I never intend to due to the multiple clients). I would like to use
a MessageListener to be notified every time a new message arrives on the queue. So when onMessage()
is called, I process the message, but then when onMessage() returns, it automatically acknowledges
the messge. The problem is that once the message is acknowledged, the message will be thrown
away and the other clients won't be able to get the message.

> Is it possible to use the MessageListener to monitor the queue and call onMessage() to
process the messages --- but NOT acknowledge the message?