qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim Garcia <jsma...@hotmail.com>
Subject getEnumeration() creates new connections/consumers
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:55:33 GMT

Hello,

I have a static ring queue which I am polling for messages. I created a QueueBrowser object
and use it to call getEnumeration() to get all of the messages on the queue. This is in a
while loop and I have it sleep for a short while in between iterations. Also I am using MRG
1.3.

While this was running I didn't notice anything unusual in my application, but when I log
onto the MRG server and monitor the queue size, rate the messages are enqueued/dequeued, ect,
I noticed that the number of consumers was increasing. I put a print statement every time
getEnumeration() is called and included a counter. I ran my app again and saw that as my getEnumeration()
statement printed out and the counter increased, the numbers of consumers increased and the
numbers matched.

As a work around, I close the QueueBrowser and recreate it every time I want to call getEnumeration().
Has anyone else seen this happen?

Thank you.