qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim Garcia <jsma...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: getEnumeration() doesn't always return entire queue
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 19:50:26 GMT

PS. I am using Java 1.6

> From: jsmam97@hotmail.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: getEnumeration() doesn't always return entire queue
> Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:56:24 -0600
>

> Hello,
>
> I have a static ring queue which I am polling for messages. I created a QueueBrowser
object and use it to call getEnumeration() to get all of the messages on the queue. This is
in a while loop and I have it sleep for a short while in between iterations. Also I am using
MRG 1.3.

> According to the JMS API getEnumeration() is supposed to return all of the messages currently
on the queue. I have found this not to be true. Sometimes it does return all of the messages
and other times it only returns the newest few hundred. It's random as to how much it returns.
I saw some statements online that there is a 200 message limit, but I have seen it return
several thousand at a time. Has anyone else seen this happen?