qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim Garcia <jsma...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: getEnumeration() creates new connections/consumers
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 19:50:45 GMT

PS. I am using Java 1.6

> From: jsmam97@hotmail.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: getEnumeration() creates new connections/consumers
> Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:55:33 -0600
>

> Hello,
>
> I have a static ring queue which I am polling for messages. I created a QueueBrowser
object and use it to call getEnumeration() to get all of the messages on the queue. This is
in a while loop and I have it sleep for a short while in between iterations. Also I am using
MRG 1.3.

> While this was running I didn't notice anything unusual in my application, but when I
log onto the MRG server and monitor the queue size, rate the messages are enqueued/dequeued,
ect, I noticed that the number of consumers was increasing. I put a print statement every
time getEnumeration() is called and included a counter. I ran my app again and saw that as
my getEnumeration() statement printed out and the counter increased, the numbers of consumers
increased and the numbers matched.

> As a work around, I close the QueueBrowser and recreate it every time I want to call
getEnumeration(). Has anyone else seen this happen?