qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim Garcia <jsma...@hotmail.com>
Subject onMessage() always acknowledges msg even if Session is set to CLIENT_ACK
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:41:45 GMT

Hello All,

I am trying to set up a ring queue in which multiple clients will want to read the same messages.
I set up my session as CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE, so that I will need to manually acknowledge the
message (although I never intend to due to the multiple clients). I would like to use a MessageListener
to be notified every time a new message arrives on the queue. So when onMessage() is called,
I process the message, but then when onMessage() returns, it automatically acknowledges the
messge. The problem is that once the message is acknowledged, the message will be thrown away
and the other clients won't be able to get the message.

Is it possible to use the MessageListener to monitor the queue and call onMessage() to process
the messages --- but NOT acknowledge the message?

Thank you.