qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru
Subject Re: QPID: message ordering
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 13:40:10 GMT
Hi Gordon,

Maybe I have not properly understood LVQ. I thought that LVQ allows to
read messages in reverse order. It is a nice feature to have, so that we
will be able to read the most recent messages in the first place.

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky

Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com>
02.03.2011 16:14
Please respond to
users@qpid.apache.org

users@qpid.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: QPID: message ordering

On 03/02/2011 08:47 AM, Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have some questions regarding message ordering. Could you please help?
>
> 1. Is it possible to read messages from the queue in reverse order to
get
> the most recent messages?

No

> 2. If queue is declared as LVQ is it possible to use durable messages in
> the latest version of qpid?

Yes

> 3. Is it possible to consume messages from both ends of a queue, so that
> queue will behave like dequeue?

No

> 4. Is it possible to use LVQ queues without keys to prevent message
> reordering?

I'm not sure I understand the question, could you elaborate a little?

> 5. Is it possible to use the same queue with persistent and
non-persistent
> messages and read such messages from both ends of the queue?

Yes to the first part, no to the second (as for question 3 above)

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp