qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru
Subject Re: QPID: message ordering
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 06:54:40 GMT
Hi Gordon,

We have a queue with market data, sometimes we need to resend all the data
and we would like to process the most recent data earlier in that case.

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky

Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com>
02.03.2011 19:12
Please respond to
users@qpid.apache.org

users@qpid.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: QPID: message ordering

On 03/02/2011 01:40 PM, Sergey_Zhemzhitsky@troika.ru wrote:
> Maybe I have not properly understood LVQ.  I thought that LVQ allows to
> read messages in reverse order.

An LVQ allows a messages to be 'updated', i.e. replaced by a newer
messages which has the same value for a given property.

> It is a nice feature to have, so that we
> will be able to read the most recent messages in the first place.

What is your use case for wanting to consume messages in reverse order?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp