qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: onMessage() always acknowledges msg even if Session is set to CLIENT_ACK
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 20:28:25 GMT
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Kim Garcia <jsmam97@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rajith,
>
> It doesn't matter if the apps are consumers or queue browsers as long as
> they share the messages (or get their own copy).
>
> I'm looking into using the javax.jms Topic object as suggested, but do the
> messages have to be sent to a topic instead of a queue? If so, then that
> won't work for me. I have messages being sent to an AMQ queue, and at this
> time, that cannot change.

What exactly did you mean by AMQ queue here ? Can you give an example of how
the address for that sender looks like ?

The Queues and Topics I am referring to here are  as how JMS  describes
them.
Please note that Queues doesn't correspond to amq.direct exchange and Topics
doesn't mean you have to use amq.topic exchange.

If you could answer my above questions and also describe your use case in a
bit more detail, then I should be able to give you some precise
instructions.

Regards,

Rajith