qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getEnumeration() creates new connections/consumers
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:57:34 GMT
Kim,

I am trying to understand your use case a bit more in detail.
Perhaps the QueueBrowser may not be the optimal solution here.

(a) Are you only interested in just the new messages coming into the ring
queue ? i.e get notified about updates in a non-consuming manner ?
(b) Or do you need to look at the entire queue each time you invoke
getEnumeration() ?

If it's (a) then you can create a regular consumer using the addressing
syntax and use browse mode. Further you could use a message listener to
receive updates asynchronously as well.
Here is an example address string that does the above.

"my-ring-queue; {mode: browse}"  - where my-ring-queue is a ring queue that
already exists when you start the consumer.

Does that help ?

Regards,

Rajith