qpid-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Bastin <nick.bas...@gmail.com>
Subject Building Qpid C++ on Ubuntu 10.10
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:55:25 GMT
I've managed to successfully build the Qpid 0.8 C++ source tarball on Ubuntu
10.10 with a few tweaks, but I can't successfully make check.  I've worked
through a few of the problems, but I'm down to 5 failing tests that I can't
resolve - has anyone successfully run the tests in this environment (Ubuntu
10.10 server, 64-bit, gcc-4.4.5)?

The gist of the failures are as follows:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'qpid::Exception'
  what():  .libs/replicating_listener.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory: .libs/replicating_listener.so
(qpid/sys/posix/Shlib.cpp:35)
FAIL: unit_test

/usr/bin/python: No module named qpid_tests
FAIL: python_tests

./run_federation_tests: 64: --no-module-dir: not found
FAIL federation tests
FAIL: run_federation_tests

cp: cannot stat `./policy.acl': No such file or directory
2011-03-29 18:45:56 critical Unexpected error: --acl-file.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory: --acl-file.so
(qpid/sys/posix/Shlib.cpp:35)
./run_acl_tests: 61: --no-module-dir: not found
unable to load policy file from an absolute path
FAIL: run_acl_tests

./run_cli_tests: 79: --no-module-dir: not found
FAIL CLI tests
FAIL: run_cli_tests

I have done a make install on the python package (which I downloaded
separately), so I'm not entirely sure why python_tests would fail.  The rest
seem to have very similar problems with broken command line arguments, and
I'm getting a LOT of this error (even on tests that pass):

./run_test: 35: source: not found
./run_test: 36: source: not found

--
Nick