qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Hickerson, David A" <david.a.hicker...@boeing.com>
Subject messaging::Message API documentation
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 00:16:16 GMT
I put a Jira issue up for documentation on messaging::Message as suggested.

A little background: I am writing a Qpid communication for a system to receive a variety of
data and data types and am trying to get an idea of how I can determine data type information
from a Message class object so de-marshaling of the data into objects or strings can be handled.

Here are questions I posted in the Jira issue on Message:

1.      Can you tell by calling getContentType whether to call getContent or getContentPtr
or getProperties, or does that
require the sender to set the content type?  Is there a convention or is there a helping class
like possibly Variant?

2.       If using the xml mentioned in the AMQP Messaging (Part 2), does Variant.getString()
return that xml?

3.      By setting TTL, Durable, Redelivered, what behavior does the system exhibit?

4.       Does the broker modify any of the settings or are they only for use by the broker?
MessageId?

5.      Are there any conventions that should be followed for string data in this class that
are used in other AMQP systems or language versions of Apid?

Thanks,

Dave

David Hickerson                                                             david.a.hickerson@boeing.com<mailto:david.a.hickerson@boeing.com>
Senior Engineer                                                              phone: 719-235-3265
Mission Operations
The Boeing Company
1330 Inverness Dr., Suite 330
Colorado Springs, CO 80910